Sunday, January 31, 2010

blast from the past

i found this when i was home for the holidays:


this is a 10 mL plastic bottle of my first nail polish ever. (and, by extension, my first makeup item ever)  i think i was 6 or 7 when i got this in a toy makeup set.  the color is tinkerbell "REDDY or NOT".  it was a medium red when applied thickly and a intense, cool-toned pink when applied thinly.  it didn't smell like nail lacquer at all, and when dry could be peeled off like rubber cement.  of course my favorite part was peeling it off.  XD

i'd swatch it but it's since become a solid mass of red rubber...

i'm pretty sure i'm behind the curve when it comes to makeup and being girly, but this find might prove me wrong!  what kind of girly first steps did you take as a kid?

4 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

Wow, it's so cool that you still have that! My first beauty product was a Bonne Bell lipsmacker...hehe.

P.S Love your new banner =)

Catherine said...

Heeheehee, that's so cute! Um, to be honest, I was a girly-girl until I was about 6, and only in the way of wearing the frilly dresses that my grandmother brought me from Taiwan. My mom doesn't really wear makeup and she can't do hair so I never got to play with any of that kind of stuff. I didn't start wearing makeup until I was in high school and my mom severely disapproved of nail polish, even when my grandma came to visit and brought it over so I think I maybe had one or two bottles in high school (and I'm sure one of them was black lol).

Andi said...

This is so cool! I had the exact same polish. I LOVED to peel it off--this stuff was great. Thanks for the awesome Blast From The Past!!

Witoxicity said...

Heh heh! That's amazing that you still have this! It's so cool that you can peel it off like rubber cement.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails