Thursday, March 18, 2010

oni-don't-eat-me-giri!


it's me and darling during finals week!  that's the exact face we end up making sometimes.  xD

only one day left.  i didn't have any finals in my last quarter (woot woot), but darling did.  poor baby, at least he got a cute little bento lunch out of it.

i like to think ninja'd it into his fridge, special ops style... (more like i walked in during studying and was like, "hey dude.  lunch in the fridge," haha)
either way, it was supposed to be lunch! but it ended up being eaten as breakfast (as usual).

the onigiri are filled with canned bbq eel with tobasco sauce, mmmm sooo good, seriously.  if you have never tried asian canned eel you need to get your hands on some.  it's a like eel at a sushi place (unagi) but saltier and ...harder? like sardines/anchovies.  hard to beat.

...but then you get to the stir fry.  OMG.  i'll admit that this was somewhat of a (delicious) accident.  i had some leftover hot sauce from a curry eating contest, so i tossed it over my veggies while they defrosted (busy students don't have time to shop fresh).  i came back and stir fried them as usual with soy sauce and garlic, but had this amazing sweet/sour kick to it!  i remembered i had tossed this random hot sauce in so i went back and looked it up for you.  :D  it's called Floyd's Famous HotLime Sauce, made of key lime juice and habanero. i would have a picture but i already recycled the bottle.  ):

apparently it's a small-company, west-coast thing.  i used about 1-1.5 tablespoons of the extra-hot version (there is a pansy green version also) in 1 small pan of stir fry, which is about two servings. if you want some and a) don't live in norcal/oregon/washington or b) can't find something similar where you are; you can get single bottles direct from their website for $8.  it's gooooood stuff.

and just to round out the pictures:
dessert = japanese candies but of course they end up as appetizer instead.  9_9  *sigh*

"don't eat meeeeeeee!"

8 comments:

e.motion in motion said...

Sooo so cute! I wish I could make these. I'm gonna buy a book about it soon hehe, really wanna learn! >v<

Maggie said...

How cute! I wish I had the patience to make these, but I really wanna learn how to! >___<

I have (err, had) that strawberry candy! It's so good. I think it has milky powder/paste or something in it, right? I like any strawberry candy, hehe. ^^

Andi said...

Ok, cutest things ever! You are an awesome lady!

Lillian said...

That is the cutest thing! I wish I had lunches like that haha

Catherine said...

LOL. SO CUTE, I love it! :D

Jian said...

Oh my, that is SO ADORABLE!

Lillian said...

Haha, I don't know what it is with asians and burberry.. I don't like the brand THAT much, but the scent is pretty :)
Blooming Lovely isn't really rosey, it may look like that on my skin, but it's more cool-toned than anything.

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

aww so cute.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails