Saturday, June 26, 2010

birthday slice

(hmm this seems to be a very scatterbrained post...)

in a prototypical birthday you have dinner or a party, and if there are presents involved they are all wrapped up and opened together (with cards).  not me!  (or maybe you, too?)

i just become much more loose with my shopping for the weeks before and after my birthday.  :D  plus, darling is really bad about keeping secrets so i get my presents from him as soon as they come in the mail.

corporate participation in my birthday:

the nike store was giving away free laces and matching spikes!  i gave my friend my spikes because she's a hardcore runner who actually owns (and uses!) shoes to screw them into.  :D  pictured on my awesome $5 walmart buy.  

i got my sephora birthday gift also but to the honest the mascara and pencil are pretty terrible and the eye shadow won't really be useful to me until i depot and pallet-ize everything.  on the other hand, starbucks was a total fail and did not give me a free drink based on my starbucks card - they said i needed a code from an email but i never got an email :(


i went to nordstrom rack and really fell in love with these kenneth cole bracelets.  i very nearly bought all 3 in each color.  they remind me of bamboo, look like bangles but are elastic so they're smaller than a bangle (and thus don't completely slide off over my itty bitty hands) and they are texturized and very "soft glow" effect-ey.  have been wearing them almost every day this week.  :)


i actually bought this bottle for my birthday last year and finally finished it this year!  8D


and hey not everything is for me... my kid sister was in town so i gifted her some items that were no longer age/weight/height-appropriate for me.  -_-


AND darling got me the most awesome hat evar.  just like 2NE1!  i <3 it and am wearing it all the time.  yes, it is fuzzy, and yes, people like to pet my head.  they need to make the cookie monster version so i can buy it for him!


both my mum and darling baked me birthday cakes but both disappeared too fast to be photographed.  XD

2 comments:

Natalie Nguyen said...

Happy Belated birthday hun~! That elmo hat is the shiz~! XD Too cool, too cool!!!

Pfefi X said...

Thanks thanks thanks! :D :D My inner ganstuh busting out, buehehe. XD

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails